Saturday, March 20, 2010

First "For Fun" Gold Wing Ride of 2010

First official joy ride that is, cause I ride it to work every day.

It was late by the time I left, 11:00 AM. But it was warm, sunny and clear. Perfect day for a ride.

I headed east from home on Hwy 516 or Kent-Kangley Road. I followed this road all the way to where it ends, and then headed south towards Kanaskat and Palmer.


From there it was on to Krain. I was so tempted at that point to head around Mt. Rainier… If only I’d left a couple of hours earlier…


I headed in to Enumclaw for lunch. Asked a local for a recommendation. He suggested the Rainier Bar and Grill. Had a Manny’s with a blue-cheese bacon burger and delicious fries while I watched Butler beat Murray St…barely.


Then I headed north on the Enumclaw-Black Diamond Rd towards Black Diamond. About 2/3rds of the way to Black Diamond, I turned west on SE Green Valley Rd. This was a beautiful curvy stretch of road that eventually intersected with Hwy 18.

I headed east on Hwy 18 to Covington and then west to home.

It was a great day to be out on the bike, but I sure missed my riding partner!

Check out more pictures on smugmug.

No comments: